Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 56 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Bloo*y school buses

Aside from the cost of putting CCTV on all passages à niveau it would cost a cup of tea and a bun to put a dash cam in all the rams, you can buy them for €11 delivered from China.

Most lorry drivers put them in their cabs even if they are employed and will transfer them from one vehicle to another, they do this to protect themselves from blame where there are no witnesses, cash for crash scams, migrant attacks etc, if I drove for a living especially a bus or a train I would use one all the time.

Report   Reply Quote

I have just found this bit of video and I wonder??? Just 2 seconds earlier would have made all the difference to that driver and pax me-thinks.

Have a little gander at the one that follows too.

John.

Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else.
http://johnamandiers.wix.com/johns-w-o-w-1
   Report   Reply Quote

As pointed out about 4 pages ago JJ this is not France and it looks very much like a manually "controlled" crossing.
Andy

A European Rahinja.
   Report   Reply Quote

This seems to be the most recent information. It does not look good for the bus driver.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2018/01/19/01016-20180119ARTFIG00052-accident-de-millas-l-enquete-accable-la-conductrice.php

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

son avocat, Me Jean Codognès, indiquait au Figaro avoir mandaté ses propres experts. «Ce qui nous intrigue, c'est à quel moment le train a freiné et à quel moment le conducteur de la locomotive a appuyé sur le frein d'urgence, expliquait-il. Il y a des choses à vérifier là-dessus car les relevés techniques sont un peu brumeux.»

That just about sums up the incompetence of the overpaid avocats and experts that flourish in the French legal system.

The train would have taken a mile or more to stop, even Trump's Tweets show more signs of intelligence and common sense, more needless pain for the families of the victims.

Report   Reply Quote

Do you have a source for your information or is that just your opinion against the Frenchman’s?
   Report   Reply Quote

Well I don't now if it would take a mile to brake from the reported 80-90kph but it would have been a very substantial distance. Steel wheels on steel rails do not stop like rubber on tarmac.

This was brought home to me when they were preparing for the last TGV speed record just before the Ligne Est was opened. On one of the practice sessions they had the unit wound up to around 500kph. A piece of loose ballast from the track was dislodged and bounced up severing the compressed air brake pipe. This caused the brakes to go into emergency application. The TGV came to a stand 15000 metres further down the track - yes that's right 15km and with full emergency braking.

As Chancer suggests just an attempt by a stupid lawyer to get his client off or at least spread the blame.
Andy

A European Rahinja.
   Report   Reply Quote

BritinBretagne wrote:
Do you have a source for your information or is that just your opinion against the Frenchman’s?

What exactly do you gather the "Frenchman's" opinion to be?

All I read is that he thinks the records are "a bit foggy"

Not much of an opinion to agree or disagree with.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine