The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 59 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: I dont suppose you've noticed

mogs wrote:
Hi mint. Which online stores do you use please? My pharmacy bill is going up with all the supplements I usually take, like magnesium and glucosamine.

Mogs, I use newpharma.com.  Also, for supplements, I use Amazon and on their site, I usually look not just at price but at dosages.  If you are taking curcuma (turmeric), there is one on Amazon from a company called Vitamaze (German and excellent).  Vitamaze also have their own site, vitamaze.de.  Their curcuma has piperine and Vit C and is the highest dose I have been able to find; so 1 a day is all you need to take.

Whatever you do, don't stop the supplements!Smile [:)]

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Richard 51 wrote:
2. We once bought a bottle of wine from JTF in the UK for £3.50p. OMG - sugar had crystallized out in the bottle!

Probably tartrate crystals rather than sugar https://www.jordanwinery.com/files/FlexibleFile/289/Wine_Tartrates_FAQ.pdf

Report   Reply Quote

The cheaper the wine the bigger the surprise.
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

1. Thank you pomme - your reference certainly seems to give the correct explanation. If I remember correctly it did also taste pretty naff.

2. I am still struggling to get my head around the expert comment that a cheap bulk-buy discount-store chalk-paint product can be just as good as an established/more expensive chalk-paint product. Hey-ho.

My name is Richard , not Dick or any variant.
Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Its not as good, its actually far far Superior to the overpriced stuff sold under the Sloaney Slapper branding, I have got through probably 10 tins of the stuff doing re-lookings of old furniture, my local one only stocks the grey and off white now but mint green etc is still available in the bigger town store, it was on 30% off promo recently.

My house in the UK is currently being redecorated with their "Creamy" wall paint and white ceiling paint, a preofessional decorator friend is doing it who has already realised just how good the German made Lidl/Aldi Baufix paint is and asked me to bring it over, Action had it 15% cheaper and it is identical, the cream tinted stuff which is like a peach magnolia is even cheaper still, like the ceiling paint one coat covers all.

Report   Reply Quote

As I've no experience of it I bow to your expertise.

Just being inquisitive but what do you think of Farrow and Ball wall paint compared to the cheap stuff.

Dick is a crude name for a functional organ that is used as a derogatory name. Any reference to me as Dick will be met with equivalent response. Strange that it cant be policed better.
ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Don't fall for his tricks Richard. And certainly don't bow.

Stay clear of Lidl paint.

Yours ALBF, loving his UK holiday..

Forgotten how cool the place is.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Thank you ALBF.

However, as I have used both Farrow and Ball and so-called Lidl paint I think Chancers answer would have been quite informative regarding objectivity for this thread.

I do remember when every man and his dog knew how rubbish french paint was (thin requiring lots of coats) compared to even contract paint in the UK. Has it now changed?

Perhaps Action are using loss-leaders in France like JTF did. Go in there now and if you add on the VAT it is barely any cheaper.

There is always a "however". There will be bargains in there depending on how useful they are to yourself. Chancer obviously finds it useful for himself - I have no quarrel with him.

I'm sure I'm talking to the already aware though.

ex Consultant NHS

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine