Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 50 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Struggling to get agents to send details of property

You are missing a trick here Chancer.

The Chinese will buy it. They are buying everything else up in France. You should see Paris. Bar tabacs, bistros, brasseries , restaurants, boulangeries you name it....they are buying it.

Your business will be a novelty to them because it already makes money. LOL.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

I used to think that my competitive advantage was being able to speak French but I was only comparing myself to the English B&B owners who are empty outside of the season (admittedly a long season) and who only recieved English or Commonwealth customers but this year has seen me change that view.

Speaking English has been a real advantage with the multi-nationality customers this year few of which expected me to do so but for all of them their English was far better than their French, I currently have German based Polish immigrants and a Spanish national both of which are working on a Wind farm some 40km away, the former have extended their stay to a month and are talking of 6 months, neither group speaks any French, the Poles are fluent in English the Spanish guy I communicate with a litle Spanish and sign language.

The contract workers at the factory now that they are at a critical technical stage of the new production lines are all non-French and they all speak English, whether it be wind farms, hi-tech production lines, building the new science park, building the airport or a car wash at Intermarché none of them are hiring French businesses but neither do they hire English ones! - So Brexit wont have any effect Big Smile [:D]

Report   Reply Quote

I have the same problem with getting agents to come and visit our property with a view to selling. I have contacted 6 agents by email, visits to their office and telephone and only managed to get one to come round.

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine