Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 56 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Bloo*y school buses

As some on here seem to have no idea how long it takes a train to stop, here is a short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8LWD2NGMoE

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

I find this an uncomfortable thread to read.

Stop speculating. Kids died here.

ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

alittlebitfrench wrote:
I find this an uncomfortable thread to read. Stop speculating. Kids died here.

No-one's speculating. People want to know what happened.

Don't suddenly get righteously indignant, it doesn't suit you.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

Report   Reply Quote

andyh4 wrote:
As Chancer suggests just an attempt by a stupid lawyer to get his client off or at least spread the blame.

Yes, that is my opinion, its not for or against anyone, its my opinion of a stupid lawyer, his nationality does not come into it other then such insensitive and stupid media comments are frequently trotted out in this country, he may not even be French, its not a pre-requisite.

Whether the driver could have braked earlier or not would have made no difference to the tragic outcome, the human eye cannot define and obstacle at a great enough distance to bring a train to a safe halt, its why they have super load klaxons.

If pedestrian crossings all had CCTV and the images were transmitted to the driver (the technology exists) and his responsability was to ensure that the passage was clear beforehand while there was still braking distance it may avoide a tragedy involving a broken down vehicle but would do nothing for those who commit suicide or manslaughter.

Report   Reply Quote

As I previously wrote:
As Chancer suggests just an attempt by a stupid lawyer to get his client off or at least spread the blame.

Let's not forget that this is his job - to get his client off, or to be treated as leniently as possible. So maybe not stupid, but just clutching at straws - of which he may be running out.
Andy

A European Rahinja.
   Report   Reply Quote

Noomoss said:

"No-one's speculating. People want to know what happened"

Why do YOU want to know ?

I find this thread uncomfortable. I have made my point.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

alittlebitfrench wrote:
I find this thread uncomfortable.

Why do you keep reading it, then?

Report   Reply Quote

ALBF wrote:

"...............People want to know what happened"

Why do YOU want to know ?

I want to know because if there are systemic issues - either with SNCF (which at the moment I doubt), or with bus operators and their recruiting, or their employees - then to have knowledge is to see if those same problems apply locally.

Everyone can make a mistake, the issue is what systems are in place to minimise those mistakes and their impact.

Andy

A European Rahinja.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine