The Complete France Post Bag

Topic has 55 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: NOT Posting threads or replies

Thank you, Andy.  Compliment accepted, icon or not!

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!

Report   Reply Quote

Richard51, I have no idea how you will take this, because I always find you exceptionally prickly.

It feels like endless complaints about posters, posting off topic, which has always happened, bit like any conversation between humans, which take on a life of their own, as has this thread.

And on this one, well feels like you have really gone off on a tangent and are making comments that are uncalled for.

We are grown ups and we all know what we know, and is anyone suggesting that their needs and requirements for such things as all this 'technology' HAS to be the same as everyone else's.

And I didn't understand the bit about speaking french, at all. But there is so much in this life that is beyond my comprehension!
   Report   Reply Quote

So true, Idun.  We were saying today as we left church how complicated life seems to be these days.  Or was it that we are all getting older? 

Judith
ex W1, via 47 and 11 and now [just] in 34, equidistant from Carcassonne, Narbonne and Béziers, where I hope we'll finally stay!!

Report   Reply Quote

Forums like this pre-date smart phones/tablets, social media like Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter and are therefore struggling. Home PC's are in terminal decline replaced by smart phones, for which Forums were not designed, as the younger generation increasingly use apps to interface with the Web.
I am not sure the number of members this Forum have is reflective of active members, with the vast majority historic.
All very sad and because we are getting older!
   Report   Reply Quote

Sprogster, it's lovely to see you back, if only fleetingly

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Indeed, Mint.  And Sprogster, my desktop (MAC!!) is certainly not in decline ... much prefer it to my other more modern tablets / phones etc.   But agree ,the modern youth seem to do be lost without such technology!

Judith

Report   Reply Quote

You can call me Betty wrote:
Look, I'm happy to apologise wholeheartedly to anyone I've offended.. And big enough to accept that attack isn't always the best line of defence. I cracked. It wasn't big or clever. Richard, you have me so very wrong. But your opinion is your opinion. I suspect we don't (and never will) have the same sense of humour. You can't see mine, that's certain. Chessie, I think we are both guilty of assumption making an ***..etc. I wasn't making direct reference to you in the comments you chose to take exception to, either.I have, as I pointed out, loads of friends like you who have mobile phones they don't switch on. Everybody else: thanks for all the time taken to help me resolve the problems with my laptop. I still don't plan to buy another one.

Luv ya just the way you are! Kiss [kiss] You see things differently to me as well at times but I learn from your posts, very often a different point of view. I value that.

Passivpool Energy "A++" rated Swimming Pools, the lowest running costs in the Universe.
   Report   Reply Quote

Thank you, teapot.
Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine