Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 68 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:
Big Smile [:D]

Re: Dismal quality of real estate listings - agents, lift your game!

Good God! You've converted 15 granges already? And still have the energy to reproduce! Chapeau :-)
Be alert!! Your country needs lerts.....
   Report   Reply Quote

More than 15 !!!

Can't remember their names mind you.

What we talking about ???

ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

I couldn't quite get used to the idea of the pantry-come-toilet off the kitchen. It was handy to be able to make an inventory of food supplies whilst otherwise engaged but I thought it might be a little more hygienic to make a new toilet room on the other side of the wall, using a small part of the large spare room. I even added a wash basin!

One farmhouse we looked at in the back of beyond when we were searching for a property had the sink, cooker, toilet and a shower all in the same room with no dividing walls or partitions. When I queried this with the agent, he told me, quite seriously, that the couple had nothing to hide from each other and this arrangement enabled monsieur to help madame with peeling vege, etc while doing his business.
   Report   Reply Quote

Alan Zoff wrote:
I couldn't quite get used to the idea of the pantry-come-toilet off the kitchen. It was handy to be able to make an inventory of food supplies whilst otherwise engaged but I thought it might be a little more hygienic to make a new toilet room on the other side of the wall, using a small part of the large spare room. I even added a wash basin!

I hope you advised the authorities you had created an extra bathroom, so they could adjust your house's value accordinglyBig Smile [:D]

A toilet or a shower were a rarity in farmhouses where we first lived in 82.

We helped with the vendange on our first year there. Afterwards there was a meal served for all those involved, in the vast hallway of the farmhouse. Every course was chicken or egg based.

I asked for the toilet and was directed to a large mud-splattered door at the end of the hallway. At least I thought it was mud......

When I went through it I came face to face with several large cows munching hay; the spot designated as the current dunny was quite evident.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

Extra bathroom? I kept the same loo pan so it just moved a metre or so!

Yes, we were shown toilet-free properties. The agent pointed out that there were plenty of fields to choose from.
   Report   Reply Quote

Alan Zoff wrote:
Extra bathroom? I kept the same loo pan so it just moved a metre or so! Yes, we were shown toilet-free properties. The agent pointed out that there were plenty of fields to choose from.

I was referring to your installing a wash basin in the toilet.

According to the last H1 declaration I completed, doing so converted the toilet into a salle d'eau, which term includes salles de bains, salles de douches, and cabinets de toilette avec eau courante, and an extra one of any of these makes your house more luxurious, and thus liable to a higher taxable value.Big Smile [:D]

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

Some may not like his views, but what a prediction!
   Report   Reply Quote

I’m sure that your cinema won’t change the structure in your barn. If you are installing a projector make sure that you get one with an easy to get at filter.
   Report   Reply Quote

I am installing a projector.

'"if you are installing a projector make sure that you get one with an easy to get at filter"

Eeek, this is all new. What do you mean Brit ?

ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine