Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 50 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Advice on selling please

Thank you very much Meek Megan. That is very helpful indeed and confirms what I suspected.

Hardly ever any contact, that there is I have instigated and just extremely vague replies, recently  blaming Brexit, tho that wouldn't impact on potential French buyers, every time I contact is away on some jaunt or other, will contact when back and has never referred me to anyone else. I hope potential buyers have had more luck contacting them and being offered viewings!

Advised to reduce price, which I did ( I had said at the outset the price was too high) and seems to have had no effect whatsever.The fact that the price quoted on their ads includes their commission, which I will pay, might at first glance put off potential buyers who might think they have to pay the charges on top of that price, though looking further into ad say it will be paid by seller. Think that in six mnths there hasn't been one viewing,  and have made clear I want details of all interest/viewings etc  now. Took three mnths from when I asked them to take it on to it going on their website, agent's long holiday took part of that time. Have now lost chance of the best selling period - summer when house and garden can be seen at best advantage.Shall see what reply I get to interest there's been/viewings etc.

Kind regards

Loire

Report   Reply Quote

Have you tried using a local French agent, Loire? (Sorry if this has been suggested before; I haven't re-read the whole thread.). I sold my house through a local branch of Square Habitat, and had nothing but praise for them.

Report   Reply Quote

Thanks Loisseau. Yes, I've tried everything now incl local agents incl Sq Habitat who weren't interested then said it was out of their area!

Regards

Loire

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine