French Education

Topic has 59 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: French as she is spoken in the UK

Mint, you are right. I am having trouble with my keyboard at the moment, which is no excuse, but my iPad has declared UDI And is inserting random letters willy-Nilly as I type, plus random caps and all sorts of bizarre things. As a consequence, it takes about 10 minutes for me to correct every post! But that's not an excuse for sloppy thinking!
Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

Betty, "sloppy thinking" is not something I could ever accuse you ofSmile [:)]

What a horror, random letters being insertedIck! [+o(]

My problem with my keyboard is that, if I am typing fastish, it lags behind and the words get inserted elsewhere than the intended places in the text.  That is really annoying as I have nowadays to get things written down before I forget what I want to say!Woot! [:-))]

N'allez pas trop vite - Proust
   Report   Reply Quote

I get that too😞. However, this is a new phenomenon, which seems to happen if it try to use my iPad whilst it's charging. Most odd, and extremely unwelcome. It's like having a keypad poltergeist!
Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.
   Report   Reply Quote

If you are on a laptop it may be that the touchpad is reacting oversensitively or that you are brushing against it.

I use a mouse with my laptop so can switch it off which avoids this problem...

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine