French Education

Topic has 57 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Where to purchase modest dwelling 30-minutes from major University

Indeed, do remove it, RH.

But I can say, hand on heart, that I was not trolling if it means what Lehaut says.  Me, I only use the forum here and do not belong to any other forum or take part in any other internet debate.

I prefaced my post by saying I know nothing about French education because I like "setting out my stall", giving a bit of background, and I particularly dislike making out that I know more about things than I actually do.  In fact, many of my posts do start with some background which is given to enable people to make replies that are useful.

I knew nothing about DW other than what she posted so I took care to say that her information, such as it was, was not "current".  So...........nothing toll-like about using the word "current" to mean "of today" and therefore perhaps "relevant", is there?

I do NOT like making personal digs and it is precisely for that reason that I use the "passive" instead of the "active" voice and I hope that I never point my finger and say to anyone, you are crazy, nuts, out of your mind, etc.  Except in joke of course, say with Woolybanana.

Had I known what a storm of protest I would provoke, I'd not have bothered posting.  As it was, my post was a long way into the thread and  behind others.

I was totally responsible for what I say but I can't be held responsible for how my message was perceived.  The road to hell is paved with good intentions, etc.  I merely wanted the poster to think more about what she was doing.

Thank you, mods, Rabbie and RH, for voicing your opinion that I was not a trollSmile [:)]

N'allez pas trop vite - Proust
   Report   Reply Quote

Re: Where to purchase modest dwelling 30-minutes from major University

We never thought you were trolling, Nimt. In fact someone close to me did wonder whether there havent been a couple of genuine trolls recently, probably mountain trolls though, but all seeming to come from "across the pond".
As to this particular thread, well, the OP seems to have all the theory on board but little recent boots on the ground time. I wonder how the French will react if she reminds them that the US came to their rescue in both the 1 and 2 WWs, that even their boots were American. Hmmmm
As for defending that tennis player, well, I guess it is all a question of standards.
Some threads do get scratchy from time to time - guess that is life using a forum.
Meanwhile, I am off to Calais Frethun to fetch Schhh You Know Who! Makes a change from bringing a car every time.
Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine