French Language

Topic has 661 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Clair, are you paying attention? Useful expressions!

SentBig Smile [:D]
   Report   Reply Quote

Here's one I read in the local paper today - Bobologie. We all know what bobos are.

Report   Reply Quote

Pat, give us a bit of background or at least the sentence in which the word appears......just so that I know when it is appropriate to use itSmile [:)]

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

From bobos, meaning minor bumps and bruises, which clog up A and E.
Just out of interest, my grandson who is struggling with bilingualism said to me the other day 'I have a bobo' as he showed me a large bruise on his leg.

Ticking over, just about.
   Report   Reply Quote

Mint - it's from an interview with the family medical practice which we go to. The Grandson of the founder of the practice, now 91, is joining them soon:
https://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2017/09/27/2653500-medecin-de-famille-avec-ses-parents-et-son-grand-pere.html
If you scroll down you'll see their view of the changes in medical practice over the years, and bobologie is mentioned.
They're a lovely family.

Report   Reply Quote

Pat, thanks for the link.  I enjoyed reading the article.  Also very interested to read that after a doctor qualifies, they do a further 3 years to become a généraliste.

If memory serves, in the UK, they only do a 6-month course to become a GP.  Anybody knows if I am correct or perhaps merely talking nonsense?

Daft Doctor, if you are around, do you know the answer to this one?

Apprendre une langue, c'est faire un voyage différent chaque jour.
from Fle pour les curieux
   Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine