French Language

Topic has 661 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Clair, are you paying attention? Useful expressions!

SentBig Smile [:D]
   Report   Reply Quote

Here's one I read in the local paper today - Bobologie. We all know what bobos are.

Report   Reply Quote

Pat, give us a bit of background or at least the sentence in which the word appears......just so that I know when it is appropriate to use itSmile [:)]

N'allez pas trop vite - Proust
   Report   Reply Quote

From bobos, meaning minor bumps and bruises, which clog up A and E.
Just out of interest, my grandson who is struggling with bilingualism said to me the other day 'I have a bobo' as he showed me a large bruise on his leg.

Too thick for a PhD!
   Report   Reply Quote

Mint - it's from an interview with the family medical practice which we go to. The Grandson of the founder of the practice, now 91, is joining them soon:
https://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2017/09/27/2653500-medecin-de-famille-avec-ses-parents-et-son-grand-pere.html
If you scroll down you'll see their view of the changes in medical practice over the years, and bobologie is mentioned.
They're a lovely family.

Report   Reply Quote

Pat, thanks for the link.  I enjoyed reading the article.  Also very interested to read that after a doctor qualifies, they do a further 3 years to become a généraliste.

If memory serves, in the UK, they only do a 6-month course to become a GP.  Anybody knows if I am correct or perhaps merely talking nonsense?

Daft Doctor, if you are around, do you know the answer to this one?

N'allez pas trop vite - Proust
   Report   Reply Quote

Newsletter Sign Up

Our Privacy Policy

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine