French Language

Topic has 80 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: French prononciation of English names and places

Thanks, R, then that makes a lot more sense to me and I suspect your pronounciation is more accurate than the rr written conveys to an English person like myself!Smile [:)]
"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy b*ggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
   Report   Reply Quote

What it is certainly not is the shoomaker I ve heard some people say on UK tv ( a k like cake )
Life has a habit of biting you on the bum in ways that you least expect.............

Report   Reply Quote

Frenchie wrote:
What it is certainly not is the shoomaker I ve heard some people say on UK tv ( a k like cake )
No, he's an American jockey!Big Smile [:D]
"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy b*ggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
   Report   Reply Quote

Big Smile [:D] 

My German friend told me Mickael is indeed not the right pronunciation.

Life has a habit of biting you on the bum in ways that you least expect.............

Report   Reply Quote

No, not the double ENGLISH R as in narrow !  an R  a bit like like a Retard in French !

Do you think that I should get someone else to record my answerphone message then Stick out tongue [:P]

Report   Reply Quote

Are you Schummi in disguise?? Wink [;-)]

Report   Reply Quote

No this week I am François Fillon.
   Report   Reply Quote

D' you mean Frrrrançois Fillon ?? Big Smile [:D]

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine