Finding/Owning French Property

Topic has 68 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: The Brits are back....to the Dordogne !!!!

@ Chez

I don't really understand your post.

Are you saying that people who live on the border of the Dordogne but don't live in it 'plate' their car 24 ??? I thought Brits down that way all just ran around illegally of UK plates ????

As far this 'moving to France for the climate thing' that is big load of old codswallop'...as they say in Eymet. France is hot in the summer and cold in the winter everywhere. Thanks to global warming it is just hot everywhere now. Minus or plus 2 degrees is neither here nor there. And besides, how does anyone who have never lived in France know the climate ????

@ Mint

I am not sure Southern Burgundy (I am guessing around Cluny) would have worked for you to be fair. The landscape is very different in the winter than the summer.
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

Oh dear a long, long thread proving that ALBF knows absolutely nothing about th places and people he has a bee in his bonnet about. Will it ever end?
   Report   Reply Quote

alittlebitfrench wrote:
As far this 'moving to France for the climate thing' that is big load of old codswallop'...as they say in Eymet. France is hot in the summer and cold in the winter everywhere. Thanks to global warming it is just hot everywhere now. Minus or plus 2 degrees is neither here nor there.

An old customer and now friend returned on Sunday, he travelled from Marseilles and took a photo of the temperature to prove to me, he left 32°c to arrive to 12°, did you drop a zero ALBOF?

Report   Reply Quote

Of his car temperature gauge I bet.

23 degrees in Marseilles today and its 18 in the best place to live in France. If I look in the car in our cour it will be 23 degrees. LOL
ner ner nee ner ner!!
   Report   Reply Quote

I suspect your right but the 12° I quoted for my place must be correct because I have only just made it up Stick out tongue [:P]

Whenever I use that phrase I smile and think of my mentor, the chairman of our group of companies that would use it to cut through bull***t being reported to him!

Report   Reply Quote

Most Read

Enter our competitions

Win books, DVDs, travel and even holidays in France in our great competitions! Take a look at our latest competitions…

Enter now

Join us on social media

France magazine
Living France magazine
French Property News magazine